Welcome back...

Welcome back...

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Urbane Chicago


So I've been away for a bit. Traveled to Chicago to find us a place to live. I saw 19 apartments in 2 days and was filled with disappointment and despair. I saw garden apartments that you actually had to walk with your head cocked to the side to keep from hitting the ceiling, and I'm not tall. I saw warped floors,bad paint and filthy bathrooms. I saw master bedrooms that in no way would hold even a queen size bed and had closets on the outside of the room. Then I came upon 1846 Pilsen. This building was reno'd in 2002 the apartment is a loft with 3 enclosed bedrooms. It's on the 3rd floor with great windows and a view to the west. The neighborhood is cute. Very Latin, tons of Mexican food places (which I can't wait to try) Pizza, Chinese, McDonald's, BofA , post office, public library and a golds gym all within a block. We had planned on buying a car when we move but I discovered that Zip Cars are available in the Golds Gym parking lot.. chaching! saved us buying a car and $50 a month on parking. So now all that's left is packing up Brooklyn and moving... stay tuned

2 comments: