Welcome back...

Welcome back...

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the Car











Ken and I had been comtemplating a car after we decided to make the move to Chicago. We have a parking space included in the rent so why not take advantage of it? I started looking at used cars right after we arrived and was really disgusted with what I was finding. Pretty much all the used cars in my price range are consumed with the midwest car cancer : RUST. Ugh.. I refuse to pay $5000 for a car that I can put my foot through the floorboards. So while in California I started looking at used cars and was amazed and what I was finding. While I initially wanted an SUV to accomodate the Chicago winters, I decided to go economical and chose a Saturn. I found a 2002 Saturn SL1 in near new condition, bought it and drove it home (39 highway MPG) . 3 of the longest days of my life driving through the most boring, bible thumping territiry in the US. But here she is.. I think I'll call her Levi as she is pretty much the same color as my favorite pair of Levi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment